Saturday, March 14, 2009

GLORIOUS

SCRIPTURE

Mark 9:2-8
Christ revealed as God's beloved Son

Six days later, Jesus took with him Peter and James and John, and led them up a high mountain apart, by themselves. And he was transfigured before them, and his clothes became dazzling white, such as no one on earth could bleach them. And there appeared to them Elijah with Moses, who were talking with Jesus. Then Peter said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; let us make three dwellings, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." He did not know what to say, for they were terrified. Then a cloud overshadowed them, and from the cloud there came a voice, "This is my Son, the Beloved; listen to him!" Suddenly when they looked around, they saw no one with them any more, but only Jesus.

MEDITATION—Today’s meditation is offered as a psalm from my heart. If you would like a more traditional rendering of the scripture go to “Glory to Glory” archived on February 22, 2009.

Glorious

My Lord and My God
How radiant is your face
I love to gaze upon it in the morning
And as I make my bed at night

You shine like the dawn
Illuminating my heart
Exposing my weaknesses
Emboldening my strengths

Abba called you beloved
and You are beloved to me
By your death and resurrection
I have been more than set free

To camp on the mountain
To dwell in the valley
To await the approaching new dawn
of your coming

I too am a Child of God
Beloved
In all my frailty

Your love astounds me;
It takes my breath away!

How awesome it is
To behold the beauty of your holiness
To dwell in a tabernacle made of clay
Until that glorious day
When I will take flight
Bathe in the river
And make my home eternally
Eternally…
Eternally…
with you.

Until that great day
I will work to make you famous --
JESUS

To love you
To love neighbor
To love self…

What could be more glorious
Than to share the GOOD NEWS
That you love, you gave, you save--
To the utmost!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Happy Birthday Mommy! To visit my mother’s blog in honor of her birthday please visit http://afruitfullife.blogspot.com/

Good News has now added a prayer ministry. If you have a prayer request or praise report, or would like to pray for others, please click the link found under my profile picture. You can also access the prayer page directly at http://www.kindlejoy.com/groups/goodnews

The Good News Living Book Club will be reading Hinds Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard during March. You can purchase the book by clicking the link to the right. Please mark your calendars for our very first book club meeting to be held on Saturday, March 28, 2009, at 9:00am.

You are invited to leave comments or questions regarding today’s devotional. These comments are public.

EACH ONE--REACH ONE! To share GOOD NEWS with a friend please click the "Share With Friends" button to the right! Thanks for reading and please come again.

Pastor Yolanda extends a very special welcome to our friends reading outside of the United States of America! We are honored that you are sharing with us today.

From Pastor Yolanda’s blog http://aintathatgoodnews.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment