Saturday, April 11, 2009

RANSOMED...

Holy Saturday
1 Peter 4:1-8 (NRSV)

The gospel proclaimed even to the dead

Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same intention (for whoever has suffered in the flesh has finished with sin), so as to live for the rest of your earthly life no longer by human desires but by the will of God. You have already spent enough time in doing what the Gentiles like to do, living in licentiousness, passions, drunkenness, revels, carousing, and lawless idolatry. They are surprised that you no longer join them in the same excesses of dissipation, and so they blaspheme. But they will have to give an accounting to him who stands ready to judge the living and the dead. For this is the reason the gospel was proclaimed even to the dead, so that, though they had been judged in the flesh as everyone is judged, they might live in the spirit as God does.

The end of all things is near; therefore be serious and discipline yourselves for the sake of your prayers. Above all, maintain constant love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins.

MEDITATION—Today is Saturday Psalmody! Today, the meditation is offered as a psalm from my heart. If you would like a more traditional devotion, please search the archives for a title that appeals to you! (smile)

RANSOMED…


My sin, my sin is every before me.

I see you hanging up on the cross

Strange fruit

Strange fruit

Up

upon the cross.


How wrong we were

To kill the king of glory

But,

did we really take your life?

NO


You willingly

gave up your life for me.

Why?

Why would you do such a thing?


I know myself.

I know my ways.

I know my mouth.

I know my temper.

I know how I am.

YOU know how I am.


Sinner!

Sinner!

Chiefest of sinners!

That’s me…


Yet,

You did die for me.

Cried from the cross for me.

Declared to me, “FORGIVEN.”


What love!

What wondrous love!

It covers the multitude of my sins…

And

it

is

a

multitude.


I cannot lie.

As I wait in quiet, prayerful, expectation of resurrection morn

I realize how great your sacrifice truly is,

truly was…

Once and for all

The unblemished lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world.


Have mercy upon me!


Have mercy upon me!


Have mercy upon me!


And mercy you give.

And grace you give.

And forgiveness you give.

Eternal life you give.


Amazing Grace,

How sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me

I once was lost

But now am found

Was blind but now I see!


Was blind…

But now

I see.


I see you.

I see you standing there.

I see the holes in your hand, your side


But, I also see you there

Arms outstretched in love to me!


What wondrous love is this?

Oh my soul, Oh my soul!

What wondrous love is this?

Oh my soul

Oh my soul...


Saved

Oh my soul


Forgiven

Oh my soul


Ransomed

Oh my soul


A life,

For a life

You gave

your life

For me…


Ransomed…

from sin, death and the grave


Ransomed…

from a life of darkness and pain


Ransomed…


Oh the blood of Jesus!

Oh the blood of Jesus!

Oh the blood of Jesus!

It will never lose its power!


Never lose its power!


Never

Lose

Its

Power!


Amen! Amen! Amen, Amen, Amen, A----MEN!


ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, "Come to Jesus" found at
http://aintathatgoodnews.blogspot.com/2009/03/come-to-jesus.html

Have a blessed Resurrection Day (Easter) on tomorrow! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pastor Yolanda extends a very special welcome to all of our friends reading outside of the United States of America! We are honored that you are sharing with us today.

From Pastor Yolanda's blog http://aintathatgoodnews.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment