Friday, March 26, 2010

BIG BROTHER


LENT---DAY 33


SCRIPTURE

Hebrews 2:10-18 (NRSV)

Jesus' suffering binds him to humankind

It was fitting that God, for whom and through whom all things exist, in bringing many children to glory, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For the one who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one Father. For this reason Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters, saying,
"I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters,
in the midst of the congregation I will praise you."
And again,
"I will put my trust in him."
And again,
"Here am I and the children whom God has given me."

Since, therefore, the children share flesh and blood, he himself likewise shared the same things, so that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by the fear of death. For it is clear that he did not come to help angels, but the descendants of Abraham. Therefore he had to become like his brothers and sisters in every respect, so that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make a sacrifice of atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself was tested by what he suffered, he is able to help those who are being tested.



DEVOTION


I wonder how many of us had a big brother that we have relied on to get us out of trouble?

I can remember kids on the playground boldly puffing out their chests and shouting, "I'm going to tell my BIG BROTHER on you!"

When I was a little girl, I often wished that I had a big brother to come beat up all of my adversaries.

It is only now that I am an adult, that I realize that I do have a BIG BROTHER who has already conquered my biggest foes--sin, death, the grave, and the power of darkness.

Jesus, the god-man, calls me his sister, and came to earth to vanquish all of my fears!!

I am so glad that God loves all of us so! This Love gave Jesus to die on the cross to save us from our sin and gift us with eternal life!

One getting up morning, our family reunion is going to be off the chain!!!! Don't you want to be there?

I can't wait to see Jesus face to face and thank him for being the best BIG BROTHER in the world!

Let's pray:

Jesus, I love you so much! You are the best big brother in the world. I believe with all of my heart that you died and rose again in order to save me from my sin and gift me with eternal life. Please forgive me of my sin and fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I can share our love with others. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.



SPECIAL NOTE


If you just prayed that prayer for the first time, today, you are saved! Let me encourage you to tell a Christian friend that you just put all of your hope in Jesus. Ask him or her to help you find a Bible that is easy for you to understand and to find a good Bible believing church where you can be baptized and make new friends who will walk with you on your Christian journey!

I would be honored if you would let me know about your decision today by clicking "YES" in the poll located in the upper-right hand corner of the good news blog in answer to the question, "Did God save you today?"

Congratulations and Happy Re-birthday! Your salvation is our GOOD NEWS, please go and share the GOOD NEWS with others!



ANNOUNCEMENT


During the Lenten Season, all Good News readers are challenged to forward this blog to one person each and every day! Read, share, and BE good news! Go in peace, serve the Lord! (Thanks be to God!)


No comments:

Post a Comment