Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SHOUT FOR JOY!

LENT--DAY 31


SCRIPTURE

Psalm 20 (NRSV)

Victory for God's anointed

The Lord answer you in the day of trouble!
The name of the God of Jacob protect you!
May he send you help from the sanctuary,
and give you support from Zion.
May he remember all your offerings,
and regard with favor your burnt sacrifices.
Selah

May he grant you your heart's desire,
and fulfill all your plans.
May we shout for joy over your victory,
and in the name of our God set up our banners.
May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.

Now I know that the Lord will help his anointed;
he will answer him from his holy heaven
with mighty victories by his right hand.
Some take pride in chariots, and some in horses,
but our pride is in the name of the Lord our God.
They will collapse and fall,
but we shall rise and stand upright.

Give victory to the king, O Lord;
answer us when we call.


DEVOTION

Praise the Lord!

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that God loves me and God is on my side!

Whenever I am sad, disappointed, anxious, worried, or fearful, I can rest in the blessed assurance that God will answer me in the day of trouble, sending help from God's sanctuary, support from Zion, and victory when I call!

GLORY!

I love that the psalmist says, "
Some take pride in chariots, and some in horses,
but our pride is in the name of the Lord our God."

For our contemporary vernacular one might say, "Some take pride in their bank accounts, some in their fancy cars, others in their six figure jobs, but our pride is in the name of the Lord our God!

As we take pride only in God, God will
grant us the desires of our hearts, because all of our desires, will be lost in God's will for our lives and the lives of others!

As God's will is done on Earth as it is in heaven, let us
shout for joy over our victories,
and in the name of our God set up our banners!

God is good (all the time!) and God is always worthy of our praise!

Today, will you make up your mind to praise God for all of the victories you have had and will have in the future as you walk in obedience to God's will? If so, let us pray:


Holy One, you are wonderful! You fulfill all of the righteous and God given desires of my heart. Please help my
desires to be lost in yours. Since I know that your greatest desire is for all of your children to know--and believe--that Jesus died and rose again to forgive us of our sin and gift us with eternal life, I commit to sharing this good news with others! Please forgive me of my sin and fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I will be empowered and equipped to do your work on Earth until you come from Heaven. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaL


No comments:

Post a Comment