Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bless God's Name

SCRIPTURE

Psalm 100 (NRSV)

We are God's sheep

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come into his presence with singing.

Know that the Lord is God.
It is he that made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him, bless his name.
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.


DEVOTION

This is one of the most beloved, memorized, and quoted chapters in the Bible!

I really love the injunction to "make a joyful noise to the Lord."

Yesterday I woke up in a crabby mood. I was complaining before my feet even hit the floor and I was talking to myself about how unhappy I was about a host of things. But, then, all of a sudden I had an epiphany. I realized that I was lying to myself. I realized how blessed and happy I am about my life and I came to the conclusion that I needed to bless the Lord for all of God's many benefits toward me.

My baby sister gave me some good advice in response to my funky mood. She said that it is best to seek God's face, before you see the face of any other.

Hallelujah!

On this day, I want to invite us to "Give thanks to God and bless God's Name!"

It's the best way to start any day!


Let us pray:

Great God, how wonderful Thou art! I love you so very much and I am so grateful for Jesus. Thank you for his life, death, and glorious resurrection that made atonement for my sin and opened up the door to my eternal life. Forgive me for complaining. I realize that I have NO-THING to complain about! Please help me to be grateful and to share your good news today and every day. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.



INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaL



No comments:

Post a Comment