Friday, May 21, 2010

You Reap What You Sow

5/21/2010

Galatians 6:7-10 (NRSV)

Reaping eternal life from the Spirit

Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow. If you sow to your own flesh, you will reap corruption from the flesh; but if you sow to the Spirit, you will reap eternal life from the Spirit. So let us not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvest time, if we do not give up. So then, whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith.


DEVOTION

Today I am inspired "not to grow weary in doing what is right."

In my case, I am waiting (not so patiently) to adopt a child. It is very hard to wait; but I know that it is the right thing to do. Sometimes, I get so anxious, I consider throwing in the towel, but I know that I cannot. It is never appropriate to grow weary of doing what is right in the eyes of God.

Even if we are unappreciated, things don't go our way, we grow impatient, other people mock us, or we run out of energy, we must call upon the Lord to renew our strength.

It is always the right time to love God with all our hearts, minds, souls, and strengths and to love our neighbors as ourselves.

Today we are reminded that we reap what we sow. Let's make it our business to sow much seed of love. Jesus did this, dying on the cross and rising on the third day to make atonement for our sin and gift us with eternal life.

Since, Jesus is our example, we know that we too must "work for the good of all" as often as we can and for as long as we can.

We don't work to earn our salvation (Jesus already did that); but we work to show forth our faith and to share the good news that Jesus saves and He saves to the utmost!


Let us pray:

Dear God, please let me sow the seed of Love. It is good seed and it produces good fruit. Please help me not to grow weary in well doing and to trust that in due season, if I don't give up, you will reward my efforts for you. I love you and I pledge to share our love with others, in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment