Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Cry to You, O Lord!

SCRIPTURE

Psalm 130 (NRSV)

Prayer for mercy

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord.
Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my supplications!

If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with you,
so that you may be revered.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than those who watch for the morning,
more than those who watch for the morning.

O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
and with him is great power to redeem.
It is he who will redeem Israel
from all its iniquities.


DEVOTION

Today's scripture is a prayer from the psalmist's heart. It is a call to God to help and to rescue in a time of trouble.

I doubt that there is anyone reading today who is leading a "trouble-free" existence for all of us have experienced circumstances that seem too grave for us to handle.

It is at times like these that if we are wise, we will call out to God, knowing that God is strong and mighty and able to save us from any evil that may befall us.

My friends, please do not be too proud to ask God for help! God loves you and wants to help you. I believe that you will feel so much better if you will just open up your mouth and heart and DIAL 9-1-1.

God is on call, all the time, to take our calls and respond to our emergencies.

Won't you cry out to God today?


Let's pray:

Holy God, HELP! Come quickly to my aid! I am in deep trouble and I cannot save myself! I'm counting on you! I know that you will save me because you already did it more than once! Thanks for Jesus who saves me from my sin and gifts me with eternal life. I place all of my hope in Him today, knowing that you have never let me down. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment