Friday, October 22, 2010

Continue in what you believe!

SCRIPTURE

2 Timothy 3:10-15 (NRSV)

The persecution of the godly

Now you have observed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness, my persecutions and suffering the things that happened to me in Antioch, Iconium, and Lystra. What persecutions I endured! Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. Indeed, all who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. But wicked people and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving others and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it, and how from childhood you have known the sacred writings that are able to instruct you for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.


DEVOTION

Paul is far bolder than me in declaring his good example to others. But, having said that, I do pray that there is something in "my teaching, conduct, aim in life, faith, patience, love, and steadfastness" that will be an encouragement to those around me!

As Christians we are invited on a daily basis to "continue in what we have learned and firmly believed..." We know that our salvation comes through faith in Jesus Christ and as we live into that joyous reality we will manifest the fruit of the Spirit and other godly attributes that will be a blessing to others.

Although all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, we can do our best to set a good example--especially for our loved ones and neighbors who have not yet put all of their hope in Jesus!

I am so glad that Love gave Jesus to die on the cross to save us from our sin and gift us with eternal life! I hope that my gratitude radiates out of my life and into the lives of others!


Let's pray: Oh Good God, thank you for all of the ways that you bless me to be a blessing to others! Please fill me with your love, joy, and peace, so that by my example others will come running to you! I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.

INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment