Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Cry of My Heart

SCRIPTURE

Psalm 37:1-9 (NRSV)

Commit your way to the Lord

Do not fret because of the wicked;
do not be envious of wrongdoers,
for they will soon fade like the grass,
and wither like the green herb.

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
so you will live in the land, and enjoy security.
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will make your vindication shine like the light,
and the justice of your cause like the noonday.

Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him;
do not fret over those who prosper in their way,
over those who carry out evil devices.

Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath.
Do not fret - it leads only to evil.
For the wicked shall be cut off,
but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.


DEVOTION--Today is Saturday Psalmody; the mediation is offered as a psalm from my heart! If you would like a more traditional devotion, please search the archives for a title that appeals to you! (smile)


THE CRY OF MY HEART


Lord, I am waiting
patiently
I think...

I really want to trust you
I know that you have a good plan
in theory I know that your timing is perfect

But, sometimes...
worry
fret
and anxiety
attempt to befriend me
They hold my hand tightly
and beckon me to follow them down a dark path
that I know will lead to my destruction.

At times like these
I call for you
I shout for you
I whimper for you...
Sometimes no sound emerges at all
but I know that you still hear me
for you can hear
the cry of my heart.

As I cry out
you fill me with peace
you surround me with Spirit
You increase my faith

As I look out over the path of my life
Trust summons me and
Delight dances
And I realize that i can patiently wait
for you to lead me
in the way that I should go.

Lord, I'm waiting
Patiently...

Please take my hand &
lead me home...

INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta


No comments:

Post a Comment