Thursday, October 28, 2010

GREATER!


SCRIPTURE

Simon and Jude, Apostles
1 John 4:1-6 (NRSV)

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming; and now it is already in the world. Little children, you are from God, and have conquered them; for the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore what they say is from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and whoever is not from God does not listen to us. From this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.


DEVOTION

Little children, you are from God, and have conquered them; for the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

The sentence above is going to be my word of encouragement for today!

All of us face challenges in our lives. Some of us have stress at home or on the job. Some of us experience anxiety due to illness or dis-ease in mind or body. Some of us actually have enemies or people who hate us simply because of who we are.

I don't know what your stress, worry, fear, or anxiety is, but I do know who GOD is!

Today's scripture reminds us that we are from GOD and thus we are more than conquerors!

The Holy Spirit resides within us--fighting our battles--and helping us to emerge victorious!

No matter what you are facing today, your God is big enough, bad enough, strong enough, wise enough, and good enough to solve it!

Let us take our rest confident that God is well able to fight our battles and bring about victory in our lives!

Hallelujah!


Let us pray: God, I trust you completely. Greater are you, than any other person, place, or thing in my life. I know that you are able to help me solve my problems. I look to you as the author and finisher of my faith! Since you did not withhold your son, but allowed him to live, die, and rise again for me, I know that you will not withhold anything else! You are an awesome and generous God and I love you. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment