Monday, October 25, 2010

Only God!

SCRIPTURE

1 Samuel 2:1-10 (NRSV)

Hannah's song

Hannah prayed and said,
"My heart exults in the Lord;
my strength is exalted in my God.
My mouth derides my enemies,
because I rejoice in my victory.

"There is no Holy One like the Lord,
no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God.
Talk no more so very proudly,
let not arrogance come from your mouth;
for the Lord is a God of knowledge,
and by him actions are weighed.
The bows of the mighty are broken,
but the feeble gird on strength.
Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread,
but those who were hungry are fat with spoil.
The barren has borne seven,
but she who has many children is forlorn.
The Lord kills and brings to life;
he brings down to Sheol and raises up.
The Lord makes poor and makes rich;
he brings low, he also exalts.
He raises up the poor from the dust;
he lifts the needy from the ash heap,
to make them sit with princes
and inherit a seat of honor.
For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's,
and on them he has set the world.

"He will guard the feet of his faithful ones,
but the wicked shall be cut off in darkness;
for not by might does one prevail.
The Lord! His adversaries shall be shattered;
the Most High will thunder in heaven.
The Lord will judge the ends of the earth;
he will give strength to his king,
and exalt the power of his anointed."


DEVOTION

"There is no Holy One like the Lord, no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.

The verse above is going to be my "song" on today.

I don't know about you, but I am truly facing a situation in which I need a miracle!

I need the Lord to meet fear with love and anxiety/worry with peace.

I need the Lord to cause those who do not know me to look upon me with favor and to extend to me love and grace that I do not deserve.

I need the Lord to remove physical, mental, and spiritual obstacles that stand in the way of my dreams and desires!

And I need God to do a supernatural work in my life and family, opening and closing doors, making grief gentle and joy abound!

Without God, none of this is possible. It is only God who does such wonderful things!

Like Hannah, let us turn our eyes to God who is able to grant us the ultimate victory, in Jesus' Name!


Let us pray: Oh God! Thank you that ultimate victory is in Jesus Christ! Thank you for his life, death, and resurrection. Thank you for the atonement of sin and gift of eternal life. Please forgive me for trying to rely on my own power, wisdom, and timing. You are a great God, with an awesome plan for my life. I trust you completely. I pray this in the Name of your dear son, Jesus, my Savior and Lord, Amen.

INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta






No comments:

Post a Comment