Thursday, December 16, 2010

All Are One in Christ Jesus!

Thursday, Third Week in Advent

Galatians 3:23-29 (NRSV)

Children of God by Christ's coming

Now before faith came, we were imprisoned and guarded under the law until faith would be revealed. Therefore the law was our disciplinarian until Christ came, so that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer subject to a disciplinarian, for in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith. As many of you as were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to the promise.


DEVOTION

Any parent should be able to understand today's scripture reading.

Right now my young children are of an age that they NEED lots of rules!

We need a rule for everything so that they can understand right from wrong. When they mess up we need a consequence for everything, so that they will make wiser choices in the future.

But, it is my sincere hope that a day will come when my kids don't require all of these rules! I hope that their hearts will be molded by "my laws" such that when they are adults they will make wise choices on their own!

Ultimately, I hope that all of my rules will teach them one simple rule--WALK IN LOVE. If they learn to walk in love, they will find that they are obedient to every other law!

Jesus came to teach us this same principle. God is love. We are called to love God and neighbor as ourselves.

Now that Jesus has died on the cross and made atonement for our sin and gifted us with eternal life, truly we are all one in Christ!

Jesus died for ALL and all of us are covered in His love.

Let's rejoice during this Advent Season, for we are united in the bonds of love forever!


Let's pray: Thank you God for making us all one in Christ! Thank you for teaching us to walk in love. Please help me to love you and my neighbors all of the days of my life. Please forgive me for failing to do so on my occasions. I truly want to be the hands, feet, and mouth of Jesus for those in need of him. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION


If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment