Friday, December 10, 2010

Righteousness Will Be At Home!

Friday, Second Week of Advent

2 Peter 3:11-18 (NRSV)

Prepare for the Lord's coming

Since all these things are to be dissolved in this way, what sort of persons ought you to be in leading lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set ablaze and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire? But, in accordance with his promise, we wait for new heavens and a new earth, where righteousness is at home.

Therefore, beloved, while you are waiting for these things, strive to be found by him at peace, without spot or blemish; and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation. So also our beloved brother Paul wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, speaking of this as he does in all his letters. There are some things in them hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures. You therefore, beloved, since you are forewarned, beware that you are not carried away with the error of the lawless and lose your own stability. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.


DEVOTION

I love the promise that in God's Kingdom of Love, "righteousness will be at home!"

Ah! I can't wait to reside in the New Jerusalem...I am looking forward to that grand day when love, joy, peace, and hope will reign supreme forever!

I really can't wait for all of God's children to begin the Holy Ghost Party that has no end!

But, since Advent is all about waiting...I guess I will have to learn some patience, trust God's perfect timing, and prepare for that great day to the best of my ability!

Since I want righteousness to be at home, I need to allow Jesus to cover me in His righteousness. If I want love to be at home, then I need to speak and act with love. If I want joy, peace, and hope to abound, then I have to live into the attributes to the best of my ability, with the help of God's Spirit!

Now, will it be imperfect? OH YES! But, I believe with all of my heart that God will honor our desire to please Him and that God will be patient with us as we fumble about trying to be like Jesus!

The good news is that we won't fumble forever! Soon and very soon, the trumpet will sound, the clouds will roll back, the dead in Christ will be lifted up, and we will be caught up in the air to be with Christ in the new heaven and the new earth!

Wont' that be a grand day!

Set your heart and mind on it today! Give yourself quiet space to wait in glad anticipation during this CHRISTmas season! Let us truly remember what is most important; His Name is JESUS!

Enjoy the season, my dear ones and be at peace!


Let us pray: Oh God, I long for the day that righteousness will be at home. As I wait, please help me by the power of the Holy Spirit, to prepare for your coming...I pray all of this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION


If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment