Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holy Ground...

Exodus 3:1-5 (NRSV)

The burning bush

Moses was keeping the flock of his father in law Jethro, the priest of Midian; he led his flock beyond the wilderness, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of a bush; he looked, and the bush was blazing, yet it was not consumed. Then Moses said, "I must turn aside and look at this great sight, and see why the bush is not burned up." When the Lord saw that he had turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here I am." Then he said, "Come no closer! Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground."


DEVOTION

I don't know about you, but I need a "burning bush" kind of word from the Lord right about now!

Sometimes it feels like I am wandering about aimlessly, living beneath my calling and that perhaps there is something more that I could be doing for God and God's Kingdom.

There are days when I try my best and my best just isn't good enough; I know that all human beings understand that prediciment.

But, it is at times like this that we should keep our eyes and ears open! Moses noticed something unusual, turned aside, and heard the voice of God calling him to holy ground.

This side of the cross, God is calling out to us every single day. God is inviting us to recognize that we are always standing on holy ground. We are always invited to place our lives in God's hand. We are always called to go a little bit higher in Christ.

As believers in the good news message, we always have the opportunity to invite Spirit to use our mouth, hands, and hearts to love, care, and encourage someone else who is in bondage to sin.

It is our destiny to share with others the freedom that is ours since we put all of our hope in Jesus and to invite everyone we meet to join with us in this liberation!

God is calling your name today! Will you answer?

Friend, you are standing on holy ground...


Let us pray:

Holy and Eternal God, thank you that you are calling my name. Please help me to answer your call and to invite others to experience freedom in Christ. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.

INVITATION


If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta




No comments:

Post a Comment