Friday, September 30, 2011

Boast Only In Christ!

Philippians 2:14-18; 3:1-4a (NRSV)
Boast only in Jesus Christ

Do all things without murmuring and arguing, so that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, in which you shine like stars in the world. It is by your holding fast to the word of life that I can boast on the day of Christ that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. But even if I am being poured out as a libation over the sacrifice and the offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you -- and in the same way you also must be glad and rejoice with me. ...


Finally, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord.



To write the same things to you is not troublesome to me, and for you it is a safeguard.


Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of those who mutilate the flesh! For it is we who are the circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and boast in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh -- even though I, too, have reason for confidence in the flesh. 


If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment