Saturday, December 22, 2012

Blessed One

SCRIPTURE

Luke 13:31-35 (NRSV)

At that very hour some Pharisees came and said to him, "Get away from here, for Herod wants to kill you." He said to them, "Go and tell that fox for me, 'Listen, I am casting out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and on the third day I finish my work. Yet today, tomorrow, and the next day I must be on my way, because it is impossible for a prophet to be killed outside of Jerusalem.' Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! See, your house is left to you. And I tell you, you will not see me until the time comes when you say, 'Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.'"


ADVENT DEVOTION

Today is Saturday! On this day "good news" comes to us as a psalm from my heart. Thanks for reading, sharing, and being good news!

Listen...
Know you not who I am
What I am doing
What I will do?
Not afraid of you
Can't touch me
Can't block me
Can't stop me
Headed to Jerusalem
None can take my life
Only I can lay it down
And I will do so
for my friends
Amidst derision
Scorn
Hate
Amidst tears
Fears
Sorrow
and Pain
I will lay down my life
To secure your future
To make provision for your tomorrows
To open heaven's door...

Blessed!
Blessed!
Blessed!

Blessed is the one who comes in the Name of the Lord!

Blessed baby!
Blessed teacher!
Blessed healer!
Blessed savior!
Blessed King!

Blessed
is
the
Name
of
The
One
who
comes...

Trumpet sound
Clouds roll back
Winds blow
Caught up in the air
To meet the...

Blessed One
Coming...
Prepare the way of the Lord

CHRIST(mas) is coming!


PRAYER

Lord, help my heart to declare, "Blessed is the one who comes in the Name of the Lord!" Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment