Saturday, February 27, 2010

YOU ARE NOT

LENT--DAY 10

SCRIPTURE


Matthew 23:37-39 (NRSV)
Jesus laments over Jerusalem

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! See, your house is left to you, desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.' "


DEVOTION--Today is Saturday Psalmody; the mediation is offered as a psalm from my heart! If you would like a more traditional devotion, please search the archives for a title that appeals to you! (smile)


YOU ARE NOT

Jesus weeps

As he approaches you

One who will not hear

Will not receive

The good news

Of God’s Love

For all people

I am your mother

Desirous of sheltering you

Under my wings

But you would not come

When I called to you

You would not hide

Yourself in me

See! The hawk circles

In the sky

Seeking to devour

YOU.

YOU could have lived.

YOU could have testified,

Blessed is the One
Who comes in the
Name of the Lord.

But, YOU are NOT.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaL

No comments:

Post a Comment