Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reason to Smile!


LENT--DAY 26


SCRIPTURE

Philippians 2:19-24 (NRSV)

Apostolic visits are promised

I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, so that I may be cheered by news of you. I have no one like him who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare. All of them are seeking their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But Timothy's worth you know, how like a son with a father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. I hope therefore to send him as soon as I see how things go with me; and I trust in the Lord that I will also come soon.


DEVOTION

Today I am reminded of the important ministry of bringing good cheer to those in need of it.

People always tell me that I am ridiculously joyful and that my smile is contagious! I am honored that this is so because I feel like I have a spiritual obligation to bring Jesus' joy to everyone I meet!

As Christians, we've got a really big reason to smile. His name is JESUS!

Unlike people who do not have a relationship with Him and thus pursue only their own interests, we pursue the interests of our brother, savior, and Lord in all things.

It is Jesus' interest to see the whole world filled up with love, joy, peace and goodwill. When these interests are permanently established throughout the earth, God will have ushered in the Reign of God!

In the meantime, we experience these gifts of Spirit for moments of time and in changing places. Each time we feel the joy of the Holy Spirit, we are given the opportunity to share it with another!

Jesus lived, died, and then rose again to save us from our sin and gift us with eternal life. Now, that's a reason to smile! :-)


Won't you pray with me?

Holy God, thank you for being my reason to smile! Please forgive me for all of those days that I have failed to share your joy with others. Please fill me up with the Holy Spirit so that I will bare your love, joy, and peace everywhere that I go! In Jesus' Name, Amen.



INVITATION


If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaL









No comments:

Post a Comment