Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Lord, Our Keeper

Psalm 121 (NRSV)


God will preserve your life

Psalm 121:1-8 (NRSV)
A Song of Ascents.

I lift up my eyes to the hills--
from where will my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
He who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time on and forevermore.


DEVOTION

Today I have been struck by how much pain people carry around in their gut. I am absolutely surprised by the grief, sorrow, trial, tribulation, and hardship people endure without saying a word.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, for I have had my own share of pain in this life. It is an unfortunate by-product of being human in a fallen world.

But, today, Psalm 121 reminds us that when we are in trouble we can call upon the Lord who is our keeper!

If we are in need of help, God is the one who can aid us by keeping us from all evil and preserving our very lives!

I am so grateful that God is a Keeper! God kept us best when Love gave Jesus to die on the cross to save us from our sin and gift us with eternal life!

Rest into the blessed assurance that no matter what you are going through, God is a very present help in the time of trouble!


Wont' you pray with me:

Holy One, thank you that you are my help in the time of trouble. I cast all of my cares upon you, for I know that you care for me. Please forgive me for failing to believe that you can keep me from evil. I know that you have and I know that you will. I want to especially thank you for Jesus on this day! I am so glad that "Christ has died! Christ has risen! Christ shall come again!" Please help me to share this good news with others. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaL

No comments:

Post a Comment