Thursday, April 8, 2010

Signs and Wonders...

SCRIPTURE

Acts 5:12-16 (NRSV)

Signs and wonders by the apostles

Now many signs and wonders were done among the people through the apostles. And they were all together in Solomon's Portico. None of the rest dared to join them, but the people held them in high esteem. Yet more than ever believers were added to the Lord, great numbers of both men and women, so that they even carried out the sick into the streets, and laid them on cots and mats, in order that Peter's shadow might fall on some of them as he came by. A great number of people would also gather from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing the sick and those tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all cured.


DEVOTION

Ah! Holy Jesus!

Isn't the Lord of the resurrection amazing?

It thrills me to know that the same God who was at work in the first disciples to do "many signs and wonders," curing the sick and those tormented by unclean spirits, is alive and well and at work in me!

I pray that I would be so open to the Holy Spirit that God would be willing to use me to heal bodies, minds, and/or spirits--in Jesus' Name.

I love that when Peter's shadow fell on people, they were delivered. I have never experienced that in my own life, but I believe--by faith--that it is possible.

I know that I have been blessed by individuals who were full of the Holy Spirit! I know that the love, joy, and peace in them has radiated out into me on many occasions.

When this has happened, my mood has been lifted, my joy has been restored, and my faith has been increased!

At least in my mind, this is a miracle! This is the power of God at work in another human being to bless me.

As followers of Jesus Christ, I fear that we live beneath our calling and power. Miracles are still possible in the year 2010. I have heard testimonies from others and even seen and experienced some for myself!

Yes, God is real and God is real in us! We can be the hands, mouth, and feet of Jesus in this world, if we are willing.

Today, will you step out on faith and allow Spirit to flow through you to bless others?


If so, please pray with me:

Holy God, I know that I have no power intrinsic to myself that is able to save or deliver. But, I also know that You are all powerful and can use me to do your work in the earth. Please forgive me of my sin and cleanse me of all unrighteousness so that I can be a usable vessel of honor for you. There are so many hurting, hungry, helpless, and hopeless people that need to experience the love of Jesus! Please use me to serve them faithfully, in Jesus' Name.



INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaL

No comments:

Post a Comment