Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rejoice!

SCRIPTURE

Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24 (NRSV)

On this day God has acted


O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his steadfast love endures forever!
Let Israel say,
"His steadfast love endures forever." ...

The Lord is my strength and my might;
he has become my salvation.

There are glad songs of victory in the tents of the righteous:
"The right hand of the Lord does valiantly;
the right hand of the Lord is exalted;
the right hand of the Lord does valiantly."
I shall not die, but I shall live,
and recount the deeds of the Lord.
The Lord has punished me severely,
but he did not give me over to death.

Open to me the gates of righteousness,
that I may enter through them
and give thanks to the Lord.

This is the gate of the Lord;
the righteous shall enter through it.

I thank you that you have answered me
and have become my salvation.
The stone that the builders rejected
has become the chief cornerstone.
This is the Lord's doing;
it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.


DEVOTION

Alleluia! Christ is risen! Christ is risen, indeed. Alleluia!


Indeed "the stone the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone!"

Although in Jesus' mortal lifetime he experienced much rejection, treachery, and deceit, Jesus overcame sin, death, and the grave and became the source of our salvation!

Because Jesus died and rose again, we shall not die, but live to recount the good deeds of the Lord.


Eternally our song of praise will fill the heavens as we give all glory, laud, and honor to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords who made atonement for our sin and opened the door to our eternal life in the Heavens.

Truly, salvation is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in my eyes! Since this is true, let us together acknowledge that this is the day that the Lord has made and let us rejoice and be glad in it!


Won't you pray with me?:


Good and gracious God, thank you for being the source of my salvation. Thank you for loving me so much that you were willing to allow Jesus to die on the cross for me! I am so glad that your power was strong enough to resurrect my Lord. Please forgive me of my sin and fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I can always rejoice and be glad in the good news that Jesus' saves! I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaL

No comments:

Post a Comment