Saturday, April 24, 2010

STRIVING...

SCRIPTURE

Luke 12:29-32 (NRSV)

Do not fear, little flock

And do not keep striving for what you are to eat and what you are to drink, and do not keep worrying. For it is the nations of the world that strive after all these things, and your Father knows that you need them. Instead, strive for his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.



DEVOTION--Today is Saturday Psalmody; the mediation is offered as a psalm from my heart! If you would like a more traditional devotion, please search the archives for a title that appeals to you! (smile)



STRIVING

Striving for God's Kingdom
but its awfully hard
the trials and tribulations
of day to day life
burden me down
steal my smile
wear me out
and make me want to
CUSS.

I want some things
I cannot have
and it makes
me mad
makes me want to
scream

strive for the kingdom
and do not fear?
Easy to talk that talk
Much harder to walk to that walk

Help Lord
most days I fail
to even turn in the right
direction...

I'm tired...
I'm lost.
I'm glad you're GOD.
Give me your good pleasure
Give me YOU.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaL

No comments:

Post a Comment