Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nothin'

SCRIPTURE

Luke 9:21-27 (NRSV)

Following Jesus


He sternly ordered and commanded them not to tell anyone, saying, "The Son of Man must undergo great suffering, and be rejected by the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised."

Then he said to them all, "If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it. What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves? Those who are ashamed of me and of my words, of them the Son of Man will be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. But truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."


DEVOTION--Today is Saturday Psalmody; the mediation is offered as a psalm from my heart! If you would like a more traditional devotion, please search the archives for a title that appeals to you! (smile)


NOTHIN'

I'm not exactly ashamed, Lord
I just don't want anyone to know
I' mean
I've got a reputation to uphold
and I don't want folks
to think I'm soft
because I love you.
I do love you
Most of the time
that is
Except when I pray
and you don't answer
or when I call
and you don't reply
Also, I'm not too cool
with the suffering, rejection, denial, and follow stuff
After all
I'm an independent man
I make my own way
and follow no one
I'm all about saving myself
and making the biggest profit I can
after all,
it's all about the Benjamins, right?
So, lets just be friends
on the down low Lord
I won't say nothin' if you won't

WHAT DID YOU SAY?

Judgment day?

You won't say nothin'
If I don't?


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment