Thursday, July 29, 2010

FROM, THROUGH, AND TO GOD, AMEN!


SCRIPTURE

Romans 11:33-36 (NRSV)

God's riches, wisdom, and knowledge

O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
"For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?"
"Or who has given a gift to him,
to receive a gift in return?"

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever. Amen.


DEVOTION

I love the words, "
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever. Amen."

This
sentence is a wonderful reminder that there is NO-thing that we can do or experience that is outside of the purview of our loving God.

I often need to remind myself of this truth when I am going through tough times or being persecuted by others.

I tell myself all that I am, have, and ever hope to be comes FROM, THROUGH, AND BACK TO GOD ALMIGHTY!

It is a wonderful cycle--Love comes FROM God, who carries me THROUGH hard times, and then I offer praise TO the one who is able and has never let me fall!

Sometimes I worry that we imagine that we can experience hardship so terrible that God abandons us, or that we can sin so atrociously that God stops loving us!

This is simply not true my friends; God always, and in all ways, loves all of God's children. We can't out sin, out fox, or out run the love of God which has been revealed to us in Christ Jesus!

No matter what we are going through if we stop to count our blessings and realize that all that is good comes FROM God, then we will know that we can trust Him to bring us THROUGH our circumstances and TO a place of praise, thanksgiving, adoration, and worship.

As we experience this cycle again and again, we will become more confident in God's ability to save us from whatever may befall us. As we experience God's miracles, we will be more careful to share the good news with others who need to know that God is able!

Today, I want us to count our blessings and not our costs. I want us to focus on the positive. I want us to remember that in God is the great "AMEN."

Amen means "so be it." We can trust God to take care of us. Let us pray "THY will be done" and then say "AMEN!," like we mean it.

God's got this!


Let's pray: Good and gracious God, please increase my faith today. Please help me to remember that all of my blessings come FROM you and I can trust you to carry me THROUGH difficult circumstances. I lift my hands in praise TO you this day, shouting the victory even before I see the manifestation of it in my life. By faith, I know that as I patiently wait on you, you are actively working things out for my good. I love you and I pledge to share our love with others. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta


No comments:

Post a Comment