Wednesday, July 28, 2010

TRUST IN GOD

SCRIPTURE

Psalm 55:16-23 (NRSV)

Cast your burden on God

But I call upon God,
and the Lord will save me.
Evening and morning and at noon
I utter my complaint and moan,
and he will hear my voice.
He will redeem me unharmed
from the battle that I wage,
for many are arrayed against me.
God, who is enthroned from of old,
Selah
will hear, and will humble them -
because they do not change,
and do not fear God.

My companion laid hands on a friend
and violated a covenant with me
with speech smoother than butter,
but with a heart set on war;
with words that were softer than oil,
but in fact were drawn swords.

Cast your burden on the Lord,
and he will sustain you;
he will never permit
the righteous to be moved.

But you, O God, will cast them down
into the lowest pit;
the bloodthirsty and treacherous
shall not live out half their days.
But I will trust in you.


DEVOTION

Today's good news message is "trust in God."

As surely as you are reading this, TRUST is the solution to your every fear, anxiety, worry, and trouble.

The psalmist reminds us that God will save, hear, redeem, and sustain those who fear--or reverance--God.

There are many things that we can worry about. But, none of our worries will change a single thing. It is prayer that changes things. It is putting all of our trust in God that changes things. It is our good God who can be trusted to turn our circumstances around.

Today, I want you to still yourself. I want you to pray "THY will be done," and truly mean it from the depths of your heart, and then I want you to wait on God.

God is a strong deliverer. God will not fail you. God is always on time and will do right and good by you.

Simply TRUST. That is our Word for today. Walk in it; live by it. God will save you.


Let us pray: Thank you God that you are Trustworthy. You have never failed me, of this I can be sure. Please help me to put all of my faith in you. I know that I have big problems, but you are able to solve them. Please help me to rest in your promise to save and in the sure and certain knowledge that you love me as evidenced by the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus who made atonement for my sin and gifts me with eternal life. I pray all of this in His Name, Amen.



INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment