Monday, October 18, 2010

Evangelism

Luke, Evangelist
2 Timothy 4:5-11 (NRSV)

As for you, always be sober, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, carry out your ministry fully.
As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Do your best to come to me soon, for Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica; Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful in my ministry.


DEVOTION

To be an evangelist is to be one who brings the good news message about Jesus to others!

I fear that we, in The Church, have made the word too complicated and complex.

It amazes me that we give people the title "evangelist," when in fact, we are all called to go out and tell others about the Love of God revealed to us in Christ Jesus!

The fact is that God loves the world so much that He gave Jesus to die on the cross to save us from our sin and gift us with eternal life.

Furthermore, Jesus did not stay dead, but was resurrected just as he promised--victorious over sin, death, and the grave!

It is good news that no matter what God loves us! We can't out sin, out fox, or out run the love of God revealed to us in Christ Jesus.

No matter how badly we think we have messed up, God stands ever ready to love and forgive. God has an amazing way of looking beyond our faults and seeing our needs.

If you have never accepted this truth, today would be a great day to do it! And if you already confess Jesus as your Lord and Savior, today would be a great day to share you faith with someone else!


Let us pray:

Dear God, I know you love me and I love you too. I believe that Jesus died on the cross and that you raised him from the dead! Please forgive all of my sins and fill me with your Holy Spirit. I want my whole life to declare your praise and glory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


SPECIAL NOTE

If you just prayed that prayer for the first time, today, you have become a follower of Christ! Let me encourage you to tell a Christian friend that you just put all of your hope in Jesus. Ask him or her to help you find a Bible that is easy for you to understand and to find a good Bible believing church where you can be baptized and make new friends who will walk with you on your Christian journey!

I would be honored if you would take a moment to click "YES" in answer to the survey question "Did you put all of your hope in Jesus today?" located at the top-right-hand corner of this blog.


Congratulations and Happy Re-birthday! Your salvation is our GOOD NEWS, please go and share the GOOD NEWS with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment