Saturday, October 9, 2010

I CHOOSE...

SCRIPTURE

Luke 5:12-16 (NRSV)

A leper healed


Once, when he was in one of the cities, there was a man covered with leprosy. When he saw Jesus, he bowed with his face to the ground and begged him, "Lord, if you choose, you can make me clean." Then Jesus stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, "I do choose. Be made clean." Immediately the leprosy left him. And he ordered him to tell no one. "Go," he said, "and show yourself to the priest, and, as Moses commanded, make an offering for your cleansing, for a testimony to them." But now more than ever the word about Jesus spread abroad; many crowds would gather to hear him and to be cured of their diseases. But he would withdraw to deserted places and pray.


DEVOTION--Today is Saturday Psalmody; the mediation is offered as a psalm from my heart! If you would like a more traditional devotion, please search the archives for a title that appeals to you! (smile)


I CHOOSE


Lord,

If you choose

You can make

Me well again.

My heart hurts

For it is filled

With pains and longings and fears

Too deep to explain

They cause me to hate

So many people

For no reason

At all--

Except for the way

You made them…

Lord,

If you choose

You can heal my

Sin-sickness.

It is rotting inside

Of me

Slowly

And silently

Killing me

Day by day

Yet,

No one knows it

But us.

Lord,

If you choose

You can deliver me

From the cankers in my mouth

That cause me to spew

Hate and evil

To speak ill

Against a brother

Or sister

To tell a lie

Or to blaspheme

Your good name

Lord,

If you choose

You can heal my hands

And feet

Which rebel against your

Will

And Word

Which I use to

Do all manner of things

That I know I should not do…

Lord,

If you choose,

You can heal ME.

I bow low before you

Hoping,

Dreaming,

& Praying

That one day

you will…

CHILD, I WILL…

BE MADE CLEAN.

Amen!


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment