Wednesday, November 10, 2010

LOOK TO GOD!

Psalm 123 (NRSV)

Our eyes look to God

To you I lift up my eyes,
O you who are enthroned in the heavens!
As the eyes of servants
look to the hand of their master,
as the eyes of a maid
to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the Lord our God,
until he has mercy upon us.

Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy upon us,
for we have had more than enough of contempt.
Our soul has had more than its fill of the scorn
of those who are at ease,
of the contempt of the proud.


DEVOTION

I love today's psalm because it is a wonderful reminder of the fact that God is our All-Sufficiency!

Sometimes, we imagine that we can do things all by ourselves. We think that by our own power and might we can accomplish great things.

But, the truth is that all of the good that manifests out of our lives is as a result of God's goodness flowing in and through us and into the lives of others!

We are moon to God's sun/son; we only reflect God's love, joy, peace and goodness to others!

We look to God for all of what we need! We especially look to him for the mercy we need to live forgiven lives!

Every Sunday in my church we pray for God to forgive us for failing to love God and neighbor as ourselves. We continue praying as we ask God to pardon those things that we have done, as well as those things that we have left undone.

This is my daily prayer, not just on Sunday, but every day! For I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can't pardon myself!

I am totally reliant upon the grace and mercy of God who sent Jesus to die on the cross to make atonement for our sin and gift us with eternal life!

Only GOD is able to forgive sin. LOOK TO GOD!


Let's pray: Holy One, I look to you! There is no other help but in you. Please forgive me of my sin and fill me with the Holy Spirit. Please allow your goodness to flow out of my life and into the lives of others. Please help me to faithfully share the good news with others. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta


No comments:

Post a Comment