Friday, January 14, 2011

A Most Precious Gift!

SCRIPTURE

Acts 1:1-5 (NRSV)

The promise of the Holy Spirit


In the first book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus did and taught from the beginning until the day when he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen. After his suffering he presented himself alive to them by many convincing proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God. While staying with them, he ordered them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait there for the promise of the Father. "This," he said, "is what you have heard from me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."


DEVOTION

I don't know about you, but I am constantly grateful for the gift of the Holy Spirit!

It is clear to me that I could do nothing without the Wisdom and Guidance of Spirit in my day to day life.

It is Spirit that teaches and reteaches me how to walk in Love. It is Spirit that instructs me how to use my hands to do God's work. It is Spirit that leads and guides me as I make decisions that impact me, my family and community. And it is Spirit that causes me to work for peace and goodwill in God's world until Jesus comes from Heaven.

I am very clear about the fact that any good that I do is because of the prompting and unction of the Holy Spirit.

Today, let us give thanks to God for the precious gift of the Holy Spirit and let us tap into God's Spirit to lead and direct our lives into the good.


Let us pray: Oh God, thank you for the gift of your Spirit, alive inside of me! Please forgive my sin and re-fill me daily with your Spirit so that I can walk in Love as I share the good news about your Son. I pray this in Jesus Name, Amen...


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment