Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Gospel: Walk in Love

Galatians 1:6-12 (NRSV)

Paul's calling through a revelation of Christ

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel not that there is another gospel, but there are some who are confusing you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should proclaim to you a gospel contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let that one be accursed! As we have said before, so now I repeat, if anyone proclaims to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let that one be accursed!

Am I now seeking human approval, or God's approval? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still pleasing people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

For I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel that was proclaimed by me is not of human origin; for I did not receive it from a human source, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.


DEVOTION

Today, I am reminded of the importance of seeking the approval of Christ as we share the good news message!

Truly, we possess wonderful good news that is for all people!

Jesus lived, died, and rose again to express God's deep and abiding love for humanity. Jesus died on the cross to make atonement for our sin and to gift us with eternal life!

All of this is the best news ever and yet we often keep it to ourselves or share it in a way that makes it impossible for people to hear us.

My personal credo is, "Walk in Love." When I say this I mean that my goal is to say loving things and do loving actions.

As I attempt to share the gospel with others, I always pray that my words and actions are so loving that people WANT to follow me to the cross to meet Jesus.

My mother once told me, "Yolanda, you LOVE people to the cross! You don't beat them there!"

HA! This is good advise from a wise woman.

On this day, I'd like to invite each of us to examine our evangelism strategies. Let us make sure that our first goal in sharing the gospel is to share the LOVE of Christ with those in need of it!

After that, everything else will be simple!


Let us pray: Oh God, fill me up with you love and please help me to share that love with others. As I walk in love, I know that you will approve of my actions. For YOU are love. I pray all of this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment