Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You Are Chosen!

Matthew 12:15-21 (NRSV)

The words of Isaiah applied to Jesus

When Jesus became aware of this, he departed. Many crowds followed him, and he cured all of them, and he ordered them not to make him known. This was to fulfill what had been spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
"Here is my servant, whom I have chosen,
my beloved, with whom my soul is well pleased.
I will put my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
He will not wrangle or cry aloud,
nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets.
He will not break a bruised reed
or quench a smoldering wick
until he brings justice to victory.

And in his name the Gentiles will hope."


DEVOTION

Today's scripture declares that God chose Jesus to declare good news and bring about ultimate justice, victory, and peace!

This side of the cross, we know that as Christians, we too are called to share good news and to be partners with God, as we work towards ultimate justice, victory, and peace.

It amazes me every single day that we are invited to be the hands, feet, and smile of Jesus in the world!

It tickles me that we get to share the love of God with others in tangible ways--feeding the hungry, giving drink to the thirsty, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and imprisoned, caring for the widows and orphans, bringing cheer to the depressed...etc.

I know that God could snap his fingers and all would be perfect in the world!

But, isn't it awesome that God invites us to be partners in ministry, as we utilize our free will to care for others?

Today, I invite you to think about the ways in which you have been chosen by God to love and serve others!

All of us possess spiritual gifts and talents meant to be shared by The Church to share the good news with others.

No matter how large or small, public or private your gift, you can use your hands, feet, or mouth to bless somebody!

You are chosen, child of God! May God bless your ministry to God's people...


Let us pray: Oh God, I am so humbled that you have blessed me to be a blessing to others! I know that I have often squandered this gift. Please forgive me and help me to use my gifts to share the good news that Jesus saves! I pray this in your dear son's Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment