Saturday, May 15, 2010

NOT SO GLORIOUS...

SCRIPTURE

John 1:14-18 (NRSV)

We have seen the glory of God

And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father's only son, full of grace and truth. (John testified to him and cried out, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me ranks ahead of me because he was before me.'") From his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. The law indeed was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father's heart, who has made him known.


NOT SO GLORIOUS

We have seen your glory
but life
It isn't glorious
Day after day we labor
making mess after mess
because we fail to truly embrace
Grace and Truth.

Living is hard
Dying is harder
And I don't feel so graceful
just now...

But, you promised me
grace upon grace
Please make Jesus known to me
in my final hours
help me to believe
that my living has not
been in vain
Forgive my sins
Known and unknown and
Please
Grant me your peace
I want to come home now
I need to behold your glory
Full of Grace
Full of Truth
Jesus
I need Thee now.

INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaL

No comments:

Post a Comment