Friday, July 16, 2010

Sit in the Heart of God...


SCRIPTURE

Ephesians 3:14-21 (NRSV)

The love of Christ surpasses knowledge

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name. I pray that, according to the riches of his glory, he may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love. I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.


DEVOTION

I am so profoundly touched by this prayer! Paul reveals one of the deepest mysteries of the universe in a simple request to God.

Paul prayed that the new believers that he was exhorting would be filled with a sure and certain knowledge of God's love for them, and that the knowledge would fill them with Spirit such that they were able to do incredible things in support of God's Kingdom!

It turns out that the key to doing great things for God is to be so filled up with God's love that it overflows out of our lives and into the lives of others.

As we allow Christ to dwell in our hearts, we find ourselves rooted and grounded in His love. The same love that gave Jesus to live, die, and rise again on the third day to save us from our sin and gift us with eternal life, compels the believer to live into Love, serving others, as Christ served us!

It's amazing how much love a believer can share if we allow ourselves to be seated in the heart of Love. It is wider, higher, bigger, and deeper than we could ever hope, dream, ask, or imagine.

See, until we are in Christ, we lack vision, power, Spirit, and comprehension. We wander aimlessly and ultimately run amok.

But, when we are in Christ, we see with the eyes of faith and we trust that God is willing--and able--to use our hands, feet, heart, and mouth in service to the Kingdom of Love!

This is the highest calling and greatest honor of our lives! Let us dwell in Love, my friends. Let us turn from rage, hatred, envy, strife, jealousy, and grudge holding. Instead, let us sit in the heart of God, loving God and neighbor as ourselves.

In this place of peace, we will also find the Power, to help remake the world!


Let us pray: Great and Glorious God, thank you for loving me so! I could never be good enough to earn your love. I am so glad that I don't even have to try. Your unconditional love for me is Amazing! Thank you for allowing Jesus to die on the cross for me. Please forgive my sin and fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I can walk in Love. I love you and I pledge to share our love with others. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment