Wednesday, September 1, 2010

God's WORD

SCRIPTURE

Psalm 119:65-72 (NRSV)

God blesses the humble

You have dealt well with your servant,
O Lord, according to your word.
Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
for I believe in your commandments.
Before I was humbled I went astray,
but now I keep your word.
You are good and do good;
teach me your statutes.
The arrogant smear me with lies,
but with my whole heart I keep your precepts.
Their hearts are fat and gross,
but I delight in your law.
It is good for me that I was humbled,
so that I might learn your statutes.
The law of your mouth is better to me
than thousands of gold and silver pieces.



DEVOTION

Today I feel like I may be preaching to the choir because I'm going to talk about the importance of having a real love affair with the God, through God's Word and God's Son.

Scripture teaches us that Jesus was the incarnate word made flesh! In other words, Jesus is the WORD of God made flesh.

If we want to know anything about Jesus, we need to read God's Word--the Holy Bible. If we want to understand anything about our faith, we need to study the Bible. If we want to learn how to live a holy and righteous life, we must plunge into the Word. And if we want to have a sweet and loving friendship with God, we must meditate on God's Word.

Our relationship with God, depends on our relationship to God's WORD--Jesus and the Holy Bible.

If your Bible is dusty, sitting on the coffee table, or up on a bookshelf where it never--or rarely--gets opened, today I want to encourage you to make a commitment to reading God's Word!

There is a treasure trove of love, joy, peace, and wisdom awaiting you! God wants to speak to you today and God will do it through God's Word!


Let us pray: Oh Lord, help me to fall in love with Your Word. Help me to hide it in my heart so that I will not sin against you. Teach me judgment and knowledge, for these are of the utmost value to me. I love you and I want to know you more. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta


No comments:

Post a Comment