Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WWW.GLOBALRICHLIST.COM

SCRIPTURE

Psalm 12 (NRSV)

Help for the poor

Help, O Lord, for there is no longer anyone who is godly;
the faithful have disappeared from humankind.
They utter lies to each other;
with flattering lips and a double heart they speak.
May the Lord cut off all flattering lips,
the tongue that makes great boasts,
those who say, "With our tongues we will prevail;
our lips are our own - who is our master?"

"Because the poor are despoiled, because the needy groan,
I will now rise up," says the Lord;
"I will place them in the safety for which they long."
The promises of the Lord are promises that are pure,
silver refined in a furnace on the ground,
purified seven times.

You, O Lord, will protect us;
you will guard us from this generation forever.
On every side the wicked prowl,
as vileness is exalted among humankind.


DEVOTION

Today I am struck by the words, "
"Because the poor are despoiled, because the needy groan,
I will now rise up," says the Lord; "I will place them in the safety for which they long.""

Many of us think that we are facing very severe hardship. Since most of my readers reside in the United States, you are probably aware that we have experienced an economic slow down.

Many of us are lamenting the loss of our jobs or homes and the adjustments in our lifestyles that come with these changes.

Whilst this experience is real and the grief are real, today I want to challenge all of my readers to recognize just how truly and abundantly blessed we truly are!

Please go to
www.Globalrichlist.com and enter your annual income. I can't wait for you to see what you discover about yourself, your God, and your place in the world!

Today the psalm says that God cares deeply for the poor and the oppressed. But, for those of us reading this blog, we are probably not those people--in truth. After all, we have access to a computer with internet and we have the luxury of time needed to take advantage of them.

Since this is true, we have a moral and Christian obligation to be the hands, feet, and smile of God in the world, partnering with God in "placing the poor in the safety for which they long."

By use of our time, talent, and TREASURE we can be participants in the work of God until Jesus comes again from heaven!

We can utilize a percentage of our GREAT WEALTH to help our brothers and sisters around the world who, on average, live on less than $2 a day!

Today, won't you take a moment to praise God for your great wealth and abundance and then won't you commit to making a difference for those who are truly poor?


Let us pray: Oh God! I have taken my blessings for granted and I have squandered that which you have entrusted to me. Please help me to be a better steward of all of the resources you have entrusted into my care and give me a heart for the poor that I might be a blessing to them in Jesus' Name! Amen...


INVITATION

If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta


WAYS YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

http://www.care.org/

http://www.kiva.org/

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/How-to-Help-Start-Businesses-Around-the-World


No comments:

Post a Comment