Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our God Rules

SCRIPTURE

Isaiah 33:17-22 (NRSV)

Our God rules

Your eyes will see the king in his beauty;
they will behold a land that stretches far away.
Your mind will muse on the terror:
"Where is the one who counted?
Where is the one who weighed the tribute?
Where is the one who counted the towers?"
No longer will you see the insolent people,
the people of an obscure speech that you cannot comprehend,
stammering in a language that you cannot understand.
Look on Zion, the city of our appointed festivals!
Your eyes will see Jerusalem,
a quiet habitation, an immovable tent,
whose stakes will never be pulled up,
and none of whose ropes will be broken.
But there the Lord in majesty will be for us
a place of broad rivers and streams,
where no galley with oars can go,
nor stately ship can pass.
For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our ruler,
the Lord is our king; he will save us.


DEVOTION

Yesterday, I declared with boldness, "Our God will save!"

Today, I affirm that it is our God who rules over all things and is able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ask, think, or imagine.

I don't know about you, but I know what it is to be in desperate straights. I know what it feels like to need a miracle. I know what its about to know that if God doesn't come through in an urgent way, all might be lost!

But, when we are in Christ and walking in relationship with God, we do not need to dismay! Instead, we know what to do, right?

We hit our knees!

We call out to God with an urgent voice! We praise God before the battle is over, knowing that God will cause us to emerge victoriously!


I testify today that there is NO GOD LIKE OUR GOD! He comes through every single time for our good. You can trust Him!

If you've got a problem, God's got an answer!


Let's pray: Holy One, Great is your Name and greatly to be praised! There is no God like you. I lift all of my concerns to you, knowing that you will take care of me. Please help me to trust you for my miracle and to wait with patience. I pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen.


INVITATION
If you have questions about how to become a friend and follower of Jesus, please see the devotion entitled, “Come to Jesus” @ http://bit.ly/JVhaLta

No comments:

Post a Comment